Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dissatisfied time warner customer..


I was charged for not returning the time warner equipment(cable box).
But, I had returned the equipment immediately(within 5 days) after the account cancellation.
No one from their customer care ever mentioned about the timeline to return the equipment after cancelling the account.

I should not have been charged for this in first place.
I contacted their customer care immediately.
The reason they gave me for that charge was, I had autopay enabled before closing the account, and they charged by mistake.
Why should anyone bother about disabling autopay, if they are closing the account???

So, it seems that time warner is quite capable of charging me monthly on a closed account, because I didn't disable autopay before closing the account?

They promised me that they have filed a refund and I should receive a refund within a few days.
It has been close to a month since I closed the account and I had called the customer care thrice, but still haven't received my refund.

Today, when I called the customer care, the guy told me that a claim was NEVER FILED and he was doing the paper work just now, so I would receive a refund.
Now the new guys wants me to call my bank and ask them to send some transaction confirmation.
Firstly, they are the ones who debited it, so they must have a copy of the transaction, why should I call my bank and ask them to send a copy.
Secondly, my credit card told they don't send any transaction fax to anyone and all they can do is to dispute the charge.

So, I call again to ask about this and then a new guy takes about 20 minutes to locate my account and oh yeah....my Android just drained out of charge talking to these guys.

I really wonder if all this is a deliberate action for not refunding, so people would eventually forget about it?
I finally decided to dispute this charge with my credit card.

Time warner customer service is simply terrible just like their service itself, every time you call, you end up spending 30 minutes to talk to a real person and explain the problem.
Needless to say, talking to their customer care doesn't help much !

No comments: